BYOD User Charter
The BYOD User Charter is available from the Crookwell High School Front Office or the Computer Coordinator (Mrs J. McIntosh)
Students who wish to take advantage of the BYOD program must read the agreement in the company of an adult. Both the student and the adult must sign the agreement. Highlights of the BYOD User Charter are listed below.
- I agree that my use of the Department's internet will be primarily for learning.
- I agree to only ever use my own portal/internet log-in details and never share these with others.
- I agree to not hack or bypass any hardware and software security implemented by the Department or my school.
- I agree to not use my BYO Device to knowingly search for, link to, access or send anything that is:
- I agree to report inappropriate behaviour and material to my teacher.
- I agree to ensure privacy and confidentiality is maintained by:
- not disclosing the email address of a staff member or student without that person's explicit permission
- not revealing personal information including names, addresses, photographs, and telephone numbers of myself or others.
- I understand that my activity on the internet is recorded and these records may be used in investigations, court proceedings or for other legal reasons.
- I acknowledge that the school cannot be held responsible for any damage to or theft of my device.
- I agree that use of my device during school activities is at the direction of the teacher.
- We have read the following 5 pages of the Bring your Own Device User charter.
The agreement is to be signed and returned to the school before using a BYOD.